- 12/29 Added Oba, Cafe Nell, Iorio
- 12/28 added Vindalho, Eat: An Oyster Bar, Updated Pix Patisserie / Bar Vivant, add Gallo Nero, add Roots Restaurant & Bar
- 12/26 – add Thirst Bistro, H50 Bistro & Bar, Altitude Restaurant
- 12/20 – add Rum Club, add Equinox, updated Ping, updated Tapalaya, Suzette Creperie, Urban Farmer. Lots of updates to restaurants open NY Day at the bottom.
- 12/19 – additions: Serratto, Departure, Nel Centro.
Here is the 2012 list for restaurants with New Year’s Eve events in Portland Oregon. It’s not too late to plan, as the most popular venues fill quickly! Check out the list, and make your reservations now. Restaurants marked with a red asterisk* are open New Year’s Day (as well as a few others for which I don’t have much information, at the bottom of this list). For those of you who are neighborhood challenged, you’ll find a map showing all the locations at the bottom of this page. If you have changes or additions, drop me a note!
- Details: Ring in 2013 at 23! Enjoy a stunning 3-course New Year’s Eve dinner for $50 per person. You can see the menu here.
- Address: 23 Hoyt St., Portland 97209 Map
- Reservations: (503) 445-7400
3 Doors Down Cafe
- Open: 5pm – 10pm
- Details: Featuring an a la carte menu from Chef Dave Marth, libations by Matt Stiles & music by jazz pianist Vince Frates. Late night menu after 11 pm. Cheers!
- Address: 1429 SE 37th at Hawthorne, Portland Oregon 97214 Map
- Reservations: (503) 236-6886, or go to 3doorsdowncafe.com
- Details: Acadia Bistro invites you to join us for our annual New Year’s Eve Dinner. Chef Adam Higgs is preparing a wonderful 5-course spread to welcome the New Year. Stick around until midnight for a complimentary champagne toast, complete with balloons, confetti and noise makers! Dinner service commences at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 31st. The cost is $65 per guest. You can see the complete menu here.
- Address: 1303 NE Fremont St., Portland, Or 97212 Map
- Reservations: Call (503) 249-5001 to reserve seats.
- Details: Perfect for skiers enjoying the slopes of Mt. Hood, Altitude restaurant has a special New Year’s Eve dinner buffet. Executive Chef Ben Kolibaba has prepared an exquisite spread including Brussels Sprout Salad with crispy smoked bacon; peppadews, caramelized red onion and sherry dressing; Rotisserie Suckling Pig with blood orange mustard; Black and White Truffle Mashed Potatoes; and Strawberry Champagne “Jello Shots.” December 31st from 4 to 9 p.m. $45 for adults, $38 for seniors, $22 for children (ages five to 14)
- Address: 68010 East Fairway Ave., Welches OR 97067 Map
- Reservations: strongly encouraged: (503) 622-3101.
- Open:New Year’s Eve from 5pm to close
- Details: What better place to pop the celebratory bottle of bubbly and Portland’s first dedicated sparkling wine and champagne bar.
- Address: 107 SE Washington, Portland 97214 Map
- Reservations: (503) 575-4861
- Open: New Year’s Eve (Seatings 5:30pm-9:30pm)
- Details: Ring in 2013 in Peruvian style with a selection of prix fixe menus with house specialties and wine pairings ranging from $75-$155 per person. The festivities will be accompanied by live entertainment by the Nat Hulskamp Trio, JB Butler, The Toshi Onizuka Trio, and Danny Romero from 6pm-1am.
- Address: 1314 NW Glisan, Portland 97209 Map
- Reservations: (503) 228-9535
- Open: New Year’s Eve (5pm-Close)
- Details: Aviary will serve a special4-course dinner for $65 plus $30 wine pairings for New Year’s Eve. It’s sure to be a memorable last meal of the year!
- Address: 1733 Northeast Alberta st., Portland 97211 Map
- Reservations: (503) 287-2400
- Open: New Year’s Eve 5pm-12am
- Details: Bar Avignon has several delicious new winter menu items to help celebrate the holidays this season. Call to reserve the semi-private dining room for groups of up to 12 people.
- Address: 2138 SE Division, Portland 97202 Map
- Reservations: (503) 517-0808
- Open: New Year’s Day 8am-3pm, 5pm-10pm, Brunch New Year’s Day
- Details: Besaw’s will be open for breakfast and lunch on New Year’s Eve, with a special first-of-the-year Besaw’s Brunch on New Year’s Day.
- Address: 2301 NW Savier, Portland 97210 Map
- Reservations: (503) 228-2619
- Details: In celebration of what we hope will be a fine and excellent New Year for all of us here and for all of you, we have put together a very special meal to help mark the transition into 2013. We really like cooking for you all on New Year’s and hope very much that you will join us for this special evening for a nine course dinner to celebrate the New Year!
- Address: 215 SE 9th Ave., Portland 97214 Map
- Reservations: (503) 239-8830
- Details: seatings at 7 and 9. special new years menu. dj starts at 10:30 5 dollar cover includes a champagne toast.
- Address: 1987 nw kearney, portland Oregon 97211 Map
- Reservations: (503) 295-6487
Clarke’s Restaurant & Bar
- Open: Early seating 5:15-6:00, late seating 7:45-9.
- Details: Celebrate the end of 2012 with an elegant dinner surrounded by a sea of black and white balloons and great friends! 3-course prix fixe with some of Chef Jonathan Clarke’s greatest dishes – Sea Bass, Maine Scallops, Beef Tenderloin, and Oregon Lamb on the menu, followed by a trio of mini desserts. $49-$60 pp for food. Full menu at clarkesrestaurant.net
- Address: 455 2nd St., Lake Oswego Oregon 97034 Map
- Reservations: (503) 636-2667
- Details: Cocotte is doing a prix fixe NYE dinner… two seatings, 6 & 9, $65 six courses includes champagne toast… also doing a brunch the next day… lots of seafood, foie gras, caviar.. very festive menu.
- Address: 2930 Northeast Killingsworth Street Portland, OR 97211 Map
- Reservations: (503) 227-2669
Coppia Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Open: New Year’s Eve
- Details: please join us for a fantastic dinner, prepared by Chef Aren Steinbrecher. Optional wine pairings will be created by our Sommeliers Wil Stasney and Timothy Nishimoto. View the 4-Course Menu here.
- Address: 417 NW 10th Ave., Portland Oregon 97209 Map
- Reservations and information call (503) 295-9536, or go to CoppiaPortland.com
The Country Cat*
- Open: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, (9am-2pm and 5pm-close)
- Details: The Country Cat will serve their regular menu with holiday specials for New Year’s Eve Dinner. They are currently taking reservations for all sized parties up to 12 people for dinner.
- Address: 7937 Southeast Stark Portland OR. 97215 Map
- Reservations: (503) 408-1414
- Open: 4pm until 2am
- Details: This New Year’s Eve we are going “Gangnam Style” with a Korean Inspired 4 course family style menu for $50 per person. The menu features Chef Gregory Gourdet’s unique takes on traditional New Year’s dishes from Korea in addition to Departure menu favorites. As always, vegan and gluten free options will be available to accommodate dietary preferences. And, no New Year’s Eve would be complete without some amazing cocktails from our bartenders infused with the spices and flavors found throughout Southeast Asia yet made with spirits and ingredients found in the Northwest, global wine offerings, and the city’s largest sake list. Our K-POP Party kicks into high gear from 11pm to 2am, DJ Sasha Couture spinning Korean Pop as well as the most popular party songs of 2012! Visit http://departureportland.com/
category/blog/ to view the menu.
- Address: 525 SW Morrison St, 15th Floor, Portland OR 97205 Map
- Reservations: (503) 802-5370
- Open: Seatings at 5:30 and 9
- Details: 7 course dinner. We invite you literally to step into our kitchen so that you can see your meal crafted from beginning to end by our passionate chefs.
- Address: 5519 ne 30th ave., Portland 97211 Map
- Reservations: (503) 946-8592
East India Co.
- Details: Portland’s premiere Indian food eatery is hosting a New Years Eve buffet dinner on Tuesday, December 31, 2012. Using time honored Indian grilling methods combined with authentic yet approachable flavors; East India is the ideal way to wrap up 2012. The cuisine at East India remains true to classic Indian recipes and is paired with signature in-house cocktails. Described as innovative and eclectic, East India serves items marinated in yogurt and spices then baked in a Tandoor like Chicken Tikka Masala, or items simmered in secret blends of exotic spices such as Chana Pindi. Batches of Naan come out of the oven and are brought to the tables still steaming and fresh. With a romantic and cozy interior, this New Years Eve dinner is perfect for a date night or an exotic family meal. With a price of $27 per person and children under three eating free the restaurant is sure to fill up fast. Menu here.
- Address: 821 Southwest 11th Avenue, Portland, OR 97205 Map
- Reservations: Three seating’s are available, please call 503.227.8815 or visit EastIndiaCopdx.com
Eat: An Oyster Bar
- Details: NEW YEARS DAY BRUNCH! Not new years eve, come out and cure the hangover and watch some football and ring in the first day of the new year with us at our traditional New Years Day Brunch! Get a FREE serving of Black Eyed Peas, Cornbread and Cabbage for health wealth and good luck in 2013! (while supplies last) Show up in the clothes you’ve passed out in and get a free oyster shooter! Again join us at EaT to ring in 2013 on the first day of the year, New Year’s Day BRUNCH!
- Address: 3808 N Williams Ave, Portland Oregon 97227 Map
- Reservations: call (503)281-1222, or go to
- Details: Happy Holidays from Equinox! This year we are excited to offer our Les Resolusiones New Year’s Eve menu. You can view the entire New Year’s menu here.
- Address: 830 N Shaver St., Portland OR 97227 Map
- Reservations: (503) 640-3333
- Details: Details: Come celebrate the new year in the Italian style. We will offer a 5 course dinner at $40, or you’ll
- have the possibility to order off the menu.
- Address: 903 nw Everett st , Portland Oregon 97209 Map
- Reservations: For info (503) 206-6388 or check Gallo Nero Facebook page.
- Open: New Year’s Eve 5:30-10pm
- Details: Genoa will serve their new December menu on New Year’s Eve and will begin their new January menu on January 4th.
- Address: 2832 SE Belmont St, Portland 97214 Map
- Reservations: (503) 238-1464
The Gilt Club –
- Open: New Year’s Eve
- Details: The end of the year is just around the corner, and Gilt Club is yet again preparing for the party. Following tradition, we have invited a DJ to spin us up a mellow atmosphere through dinner and amping up the mood as the clock ticks closer to 2013. Executive Chef, Chris Carriker, has yet again concocted a special prix fixe menu in honor of the passing of 2012. At $70 a head, each person in your party can choose from several options for each of the 4 courses.
- Address: 306 NW Broadway, Portland OR 97209 Map
- Reservations: For reservations and information call (503) 222-4458, or go to OpenTable
- Details: At H5O bistro & bar, Executive Chef Ron Baker has developed a prix fixe dinner menu. Guests can enjoy innovative cuisine including Roquefort Mousse-filled Suckled Pears with Belgian endive, frisee, champagne vinaigrette and walnut praline; Lobster Bolognese with squid ink pasta and candied lemon; and Anderson Farms Rack of Lamb with crab flan, basil jus and curry sabayon. December 31st from 5 to 10 p.m. $65 per person, $100 per person with wine pairings. Menu here
- Address: 50 SW Morrison St., Portland OR 97204 Map
- Reservations: Strongly encouraged: (503) 484-1415
The Heathman Restaurant & Bar
- Details: Executive Chef Michael Stanton of The Heathman Restaurant and Bar will host New Year’s Eve in Paris, a French-themed celebration complete with a five-course tasting menu and music by Michalangela and her ensemble. Doors for the celebration will open at 6:30 p.m., followed at 7:00 p.m. by a five-course meal. You can see the menu here.
- Address: 1001 SW Broadway, Portland OR 97205 Map
- Open: New Year’s Eve 5pm-11pm (Bar closes after just 12am)
- Details: Imperial’s regular dinner menu will be served with additional holiday specials New Year’s Eve.
- Address: 410 SW Broadway, Portland OR 97205 Map
- Reservations: (503) 228-7222
- Details: Celebrate your last meal of 2012 with us! Four courses, $55 per person, beverages and gratuity extra. Seatings begin at 5pm.
- Address: 912 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland Or 97214 Map
- Reservations: (503) 445-4716
Jo Bar & Rotisserie
- Details: Celebrate the start of 2013 at Jo Bar & Rotisserie. We will feature a special menu with some of your favorite Jo Bar menu items, as well as delectable specials created just for the night. Featured items include beef tenderloin with chevre potato cakes and sea scallops over crab risotto. New Year’s Eve is also the perfect time to explore our select wine list, including our top-notch Oregon Pinot Noirs. The bar will be mixing sparkling wine cocktails crafted to lift you into 2013. See our Facebook page for menu details, and call us at 503-222-0048 to make a reservation.
- Address: 701 NW 23rd Avenue, Portland OR 97210 Map
- Reservations: For reservations and information call (503)222-0048, or go to facebook.com/jobarpdx
- Details: Astoria, Oregon is hosting a New Year’s Even Blowout. The night begins at the historic Liberty Theater where Chef Eric Jenkins of Wicked Good Catering will host a gourmet dinner buffet, followed by a silent auction with one-of-a-kind experiences. One block away at the Banker’s Suite will be the NYE celebration, including a DJ spinning vinyl, casino den, drinks, ice cream buffet, heated outdoor cigar bar and photo booth. Chef Christopher Holen from Baked Alaska (recent chef at the James Beard House in NYC) will supply the food. Cost is $100/person or $650 for a table of 8.
- Address: 1203 Commercial Street, Astoria Oregon 97103 Map
- Reservations: call (503)325-2203
- Details: Please join us in celebrating New Years Eve at Lincoln Restaurant. We are featuring a three-course menu for $65 per person, exclusive of beverages and gratuity. As always, the theme is choice! In that you have lots of choices in each category. You can view the menu here.
- Address: 3808 N Williams Ave., Portland OR 97227 Map
- Reservations: please call (503) 288-6200
- Details: We are offering a 4 course menu $75 with a supplemental Seared Foie Gras course. There will be one Vegetarian menu and one Omnivore menu. Wine pairings are TBD.
- Address: 1139 Northwest 11th Avenue Portland, OR 97209 Map
- Reservations: (503) 517-7778
- Details: Buon anno a tutti! Ring in the New Year while enjoying authentic Italian cuisine at Mucca Osteria! Start off this special evening with an amuse bouche and complimentary Prosecco. We will be offering our full menu along with some holiday specials as well as a special 5 course holiday tasting menu for $60.
- Address: 1022 SW Morrison St., Portland OR 97205 Map
- Reservations: please call (503) 227-5521 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details: New Year’s Eve specials – Oyster Bisque with Spinach and Pernod $10, Steak Tartar with Truffle Cream, Celery Hearts, Caper & Onion $14, Fresh Duck Egg Pasta with Dungeness Crabe, Toasted Garlic, Scallions, Lemon and bread crumbs $24, Grilled Ahi Tuna with Truffled Celery Root Puree, Apple, Horseradish and Arugula Salad $28, Rotisserie Beef Rib Roast with Caramelized Brussels Sprouts, Baby Turnips, Oyster Mushrooms and Parmesan Jus ($32), Chocolate Hazelnut Torta with Prosecco Sabayon ($10). New Years Eve Jazz Lineup: The Mike Pardew Trio from 9:30 – 12:30. Guitarist Mike Pardew, Patrick Harry – Bass, Randy Rollofson – Drums. Nel Centro will also be open New Year’s Day for Brunch from 8am – 2pm, Happy Hour 4-6pm, dinner 5-9pm
- Address: 1408 Southwest 6th Avenue Portland, OR 97201 Map
- Reservations: (503) 484-1099
- Details: Ring in the New Year with ¡Oba! Restaurante! Let’s say farewell to 2012 with an extraordinary evening! In addition to Oba’s amazing dinner menu, Chef Neuman has created a special pre-fixe menu for New Years Eve. 3 courses, $55 per person available 5-9 p.m. 4 courses %65 per person – available 9 to 11 p.m.
- Address: 555 NW 12th, Ave., Portland OR 97209
- Reservations: (503) 228-6161
- Open: New Year’s Eve (Both SE & NW Until 12am)
- Details: Both OP locations will have special prix fixe menus in addition to their dinner menu for a special New Year’s Eve celebration meal – 5 courses and a glass of champagne for $65 per person with wine pairings available.
- Address: NW: 1632 NW Thurman St, Portland 97209 Map, SE: 107 SE Washington St, Portland 97214 Map
- Reservations: NW: (503) 894-8136, SE: (503) 954-3663
- Details: To help you plan your celebrations, Ox will be accepting reservations for parties of all sizes on New Year’s Eve. In addition to their regular menu, Chefs Greg and Gabrielle Denton will be featuring decadent holiday favorites like caviar, truffles, and foie gras. Bubbles will be flowing and there will be a few special wintery cocktails on the menu as well.
- Address: 2225 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Portland Oregon 97212 Map
- Reservations: call (503)284-3366, or go to oxpdx.com
- Open: New Year’s Eve 5pm-close
- Details: Portland’s renowned Paley’s Place will serve dinner on New Year’s Eve with specials like Spit-Roasted Bacon, Chanterelle & Prune-Stuffed Pork Loin, Bacon & Shell Bean Piperade, Whole Grain Mustard Pork Jus and Veal Osso Buco, Red Wine-Braised Emmer Farro, Chanterelles and Shaved Foie Gras Torchon. Make your reservations soon.
- Address: 1204 NW 21st Ave, Portland OR 97209 Map
- Reservations: (503) 243-2403
- Open: New Year’s Eve 5pm-close
- Details: On New Year’s Eve, Paulée will have a four-course tasting menu with two separate pre fixe menus to choose from with seatings at 5pm and 6pm for a price of $55 and wine pairings for $35. They will also offer a twelve-course seafood tasting dinner for $155 and wine pairings for $85. Seatings for this menu will take place between 7:15pm and 8:15pm and conclude at midnight with a champagne toast. This menu will consist of: oyster martini, hamachi slivers, sea urchin, prawns and court bouillon, braised cuttlefish, tasting of caviars and eggs, dungeness crab, squid ink risotto, poached lobster, scallops and foie gras, followed by two dessert courses.
- Address: 1410 N. Highway 99W, Dundee, OR 97115 Map
- Reservations: (503) 538-7970
Papa Haydn – Eastside
- Details: Come celebrate the start of the new year with Papa Haydn. Our chef has created a celebratory menu that will be sure to delight. Get ready for a scrumptious duck confit salad, clams and linguine with fresh geoduck, rotisserie leg of lamb and a special New York steak, among many other delicious choices. We will have a selection of sparkling wines and champagne both by the glass and by the bottle, as well as our extensive wine list. And in addition to our award-winning dessert menu, a featured dessert will be offered to ring in the new year.
- Address: 5829 SE Milwaukie Avenue, Portland Oregon 97202 Map
- Reservations: See our Facebook page for menu details, and call us at 503-232-9440
Papa Haydn – Westside
- Details: Bring your family and friends to Papa Haydn for a delicious entry into 2013. We will be offering a special menu created just for the celebration, including fresh Dungeness crab, sea scallops and a dry-aged ribeye steak. Our classic Croque Monsieur will also celebrate in high style with roasted duck and a fried duck egg. We have a beautiful wine list, with an extensive selection of Oregon Pinot Noirs, designed to pair perfectly with your meal. In addition to our exquisite dessert menu, our pastry chef has created a decadent small bite dessert special bringing five scrumptious dessert specials onto one plate.
- Address: Westside – 701 NW 23rd Avenue, Portland Oregon 97210 Map
- See our Facebook page for menu details, and call us at 503-228-7317 to make a reservation
- Details: New Year’s Eve is your last chance to visit Ping before the re-opening and we want to invite you to celebrate with us! We’re going out with a bang and would love for you to be a part of the party. $75 per couple, includes a bottle of bubbles, drinking vinegars & four courses with two menus to choose from. Seating is open from 6pm – 9 pm.
- Address: 102 Northwest 4th Ave. , Portland OR 97209 Map
- Reservations: See Website for Details. For reservations call (503)229-7464, or go to pingpdx.com
Pix Bar Vivant*
- Details: New Year’s Eve Extravaganza! Champagne Sabering at Midnight! Followed by a Six Foot Flowing Champagne Tower and a FREE Chocolate Buffet! Chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, chocolate meringue, chocolate ice cream, chocolate truffles, chocolate BEER! (Okay, the fountain will be of Cava, but still! Free buffet with beverage purchase). Outdoor Chestnut Roast, Tapas Specials and some Dj Action leading up to Midnight. Enjoy with one of our 300+ Sparkling Wines priced from $16 to $1200 (Bollinger La Grand Année 1999 Jeroboam anyone?) You will leave with a smile on your face. And confetti in your hair. Cheers! BONUS! Open New Year’s Day 2PM – 2AM
- Address: 2225 E. Burnside St., Portland OR 97214 Map
- Reservations: (971) 272-7166
Portland Penny Diner
- New Year’s Eve 7am-7pm
- Details: At Portland Penny Diner, come in from the rain while you finish your last minute holiday shopping or enjoy a bite and warm drink before heading to your New Year’s Eve party.
- Address: 410 SW Broadway Portland OR 97205 Map
- Phone: (503) 228-7222
Red Star Tavern*
- Open: New Year’s Eve Menu 5pm-11pm, bar until 1am. New Year’s Day 8am-2pm
- Details: Our New Year’s Eve menu will be served 5pm-11pm featuring theme cocktails and delicious dishes such as Balsamic Marinated Quail with winter chicories, celery root and honeycrisp apples, Pork Osso Bucco with black lentils, mole and citrus gremolata and Seared Big Eye Tuna with sunchokes, oil cured olives, salsify, caperberries, tomato conserva and miners lettuce. We’ll continue the party in the bar until 1am and all guests will receive complimentary champagne upon seating in the dining room with additional champagne toast at midnight for everyone in attendance! We’ll be open New Year’s Day with our brunch menu as well.
- Address: 503 SW Alder Street, Portland Oregon 97204 Map
- Reservations: call (503) 222-0005, or go to redstartavern.com
- Details: Celebrate the New Year at The Riverview!
- Start your evening off right with a magnificent 5 course dinner at the scenic Riverview Restaurant. Only $50, including a glass of sparkling wine or cider. All night Happy Hour in the Lounge!!
- Address: 29311 SE Stark St, Troutdale Oregon 97060 Map
- Reservations: until 9:00 pm. Call (503) 661-3663, or go to yoshidariverview.com
Roots Restaurant and Bar
- Details: Join us New Year’s Eve and celebrate the memories of 2012 with our special holiday menu, featuring selections such as Main Lobster and Cascade Natural Filet Mignon, Grilled Rack of Lamb, Tomato Bouillabaisse with Clams, Mussels, Scallops and Prawns, or order from our regular dinner menu.
- Address: 19215 SE 34th st Suite 110, Camas WA 98607 Map
- Reservations: Strongly recommended
- Details: We will be opening late at 7pm on New Year’s Eve this year. There will be a special NYE menu. We will roll out the Champagne punchbowl after 11pm. Seating is first come, first served, as we are a bar and like to keep it democratic.
- Address: 720 SE Sandy Blvd., Portland 97214 Map
- Reservations: n/a
- Open: New Year’s Eve day from 11:15am to 2:00pm. Dinner: 5pm, last seating 10pm. New Year’s Day brunch buffet 10am-3pm
- Details: Enjoy a celebration of sparkling wines and champagne along with a select menu created with the New Year in mind by our Executive Chef. We’ll have surf and turf, hoppin’ John for good luck in the new year and other memorable dishes that toast the arrival of 2013! To see the menu Items for the feast, please visit: saltys.com. Enjoy our Brunch Buffet on Wednesday New Year’s Day! We will feature an all you care to enjoy spread of seafood and brunch favorites to include champagne, juice, coffee, and tea. 39.99 adult brunch (includes coffee, juice, soda, tea). 44.99 adult champagne brunch (includes champagne, coffee, juice, soda, tea). 1.50 per year of age for children 12 and under.
- Address: 3839 NE Marine Drive, Portland Oregon 97211 Map
- Reservations: go to Saltys.com, or call (503) 288-4444
- Details: Serratto will be honoring 2012 and bringing in 2013 the same way we make every night a celebration: with great food and libations, and warm, family-like service. In addition to the dinner menu, executive chef Tony Meyers has created a few dishes to make the night special, including: American Sturgeon Caviar (appetizer) – potato cakes, crème fraîche, red onion, and capers $15, Roasted Muscovy Duck Breast – celery root purée, roasted Brussels sprouts, foie gras demi-glace $30, Surf and Turf – Maine lobster, Painted Hills petite beef tenderloin, pommes duchesse, green beans, and sauce béarnaise $40. We’ll complete the evening with a bubbly toast at midnight.
- Address: 2112 Northwest Kearney Street, Portland, OR. Map
- Reservations: (503) 221-1195
Smallwares & Barwares
- Details: The duo of Smallwares and Barwares have a unique evening planned, where Chef-Owner Johanna Ware’s take on inauthentic Asian will spill playfully into a 1920s style ‘some like it hot’ party at Barwares as the clock strikes midnight.Smallwares will be open for normal hours during lunch and will be open for dinner from 5-9pm using a slightly abbreviated regular menu is just $45 for three courses plus a dessert. For those of you with a larger party, Barwares will be taking reservations for 8 or more with seatings at 5, 5:15 and 5:30.
- Address: 4605 NE Fremont St., Portland 97213 Map
- Reservations: (971) 229-0995
- Details: The staff at the Inn dedicates itself to a single purpose – the dining pleasure of the Inn’s guests.Enjoy a seasonal dinner with dessert served in the Guest Library. After dinner it is a short walk to the Streamside Cabins where the river will sing you to sleep!
- Address: 42705 N Umpqua Hwy, Idleyld Park Oregon 97447 Map
- Reservations: call (800)840-8825, or go to TheSteamBoatInn.com
- Details: If you are looking for something a bit more casual for New Years, Sunshine will be open normal business hours that evening. Ring in the New Year with our regular dinner menu, shuffleboard and Donkey Kong. Large groups are more than welcome
- Address: 3111 SE Division St., Portland 97202 Map
- Reservations: feel free to give us a call if you are a group larger than six, 503-688-1750
- Details: Who Dat? New Year’s in New Orleans! Toast the new year with the Bourbon St. classics: Sazeracs, Hurricanes, and Ramos Gin Fizzes, all to the tunes of Crash Parlor, slinging their live jazz à l’américaine. Prix fixe menu $32 per person: Fresh oysters with mignonette, Good-luck black-eyed pea fritters with rémoulade, A pair of cornmeal crêpes with: shrimp étoufée & corn, tomato, and collards maque choux, Mixed greens salad, Bananas Foster ice cream crêpes flambé. $32 per person. We will also be open on New Year’s day from 11:30am-4pm.
- Address: 3342 SE Belmont St., Portland Oregon 97214 Map
- Reservations: starting at 6:30. Call (503)546-0892, or go to https://www.facebook.com
Tabla Mediterranean Bistro
- Open: 5pm-close
- Details: New Year’s Eve is always a big neighborhood party at Tabla, serving food and drinks late into the night!
- Address: 200 NE 28th Ave, Portland OR 97232 Map
- Reservations: (503) 238-3777
- Details: Open for dinner from 4:30-9:30pm. Happy hour 4:30 – 6pm. Regular dinner menu = no holiday price hikes. Festive dinner/drink specials. Have a safe and happy holiday y’all! Also open NY day from 4:30-9:30pm with black-eyed peas and collard greens – guaranteed to bring good luck in the new year!
- Address: 28 NE 28th Avenue, Portland Oregon 97232 Map
- Reservations: call (503)232-6652, or go to Opentable.com/tapalaya-reservations
- Details: Four-course menu with optional wine pairings, or regular menu. Reservations 10pm or after get a sparkling wine toast at midnight. $45 per person, add wine pairings $25. You can view the menu here.
- Address: 0315 SW Montgomery St., Ste 340, Portland 97201 Map
- Reservations: (503) 295-2747
- Details: In addition to their normal dinner menu, Urban Farmer will have a changing 3-4 course prix fixe dinner menu on New Year’s Eve. They will also be open on New Year’s Day.
- Address: 525 SW Morrison St, 8th Floor, Portland OR 97205 Map
- Reservations: (503) 222-4900
- Details: Join us at Vindalho for a New Year’s Eve celebration. In addition to your Vindalho favorites on the regular menu, we have some delicious specials, including Channa Dal with Chile de Arbol Tarka, Dal Dumplings with Chaat, Fenugreek, Peas and Mint Chutney, Tandor Roasted Sturgeon with a Golden Beef-Saffron Puree and Mushroom Poriyal. You can see all the details here.
- Address: 2038 SE Clinton St., Portland OR 97202 Map
- Reservations: make your reservation online or call us at (503) 467-4550.
- Open: New Year’s Eve
- Details: Wildwood will serve their ever-changing Pacific Northwest menu with some festive additions. Check out last year’s menu for an idea of what to expect this year: WildwoodRestaurant.com
- Address: 1221 NW 21st Avenue, Portland OR 97209 Map
- Reservations: (503) 248-9663
Wet Dog Cafe/Astoria Brewing Company
- Details: The Oregon Coast staple will be hosting a five-course brewer’s dinner, where Astoria Brewing Company will be featuring a new seasonal beer. You can check out the menu here.
- Address: 144 11th Street, Astoria Oregon 97103 Map
- Reservations: (503) 325-6975 or go to Facebook.com/WetDogCafe
- Details: NYE at Yakuza: Omakase chefs choice menu. Two seatings, one at 6:30 and one at 9.
- Address: 5411 NE 30th Avenue, Portland OR 97211 Map
- Reservations: (503) 450-0893
*Other restaurants I’ve been told are open New Year’s Day but I don’t have more information about are: Broder, Wong’s King, Interurban, Doug Fir Lounge, Peoples’ Sandwich of Portland (11-4), Laurelhurst Market (regular hours), Lardo on Hawthorne Blvd, Tasty N Sons, James John Cafe (regular hours), Daily in the Pearl (breakfast), Hobnob Grille (brunch), Delta Cafe (chicken and waffles 10am-4pm), and Milo’s City Cafe (regular hours)