I thought this new question would get more votes than it did. However, I was using two different polling services for testing reasons, and forgot to include this new question in one version of the poll. On top of that, very few people voted for anything! Still, there were some clear winners, with VQ and Meriwethers taking the lion’s share of the vote.
208 votes cast:
- Veritable Quandary (VQ) - 1220 SW 1st Ave, Portland 97204 (503) 227-7342. Map
- Meriwethers – 2601 NW Vaughn St., Portland 97210. (503) 228-1250. Map
- Departure – 525 SW Morrison St., Portland 97204. (503) 802-5370. Map
- Firehouse – 711 NE Dekum St., Portland 97211 (503) 954-1702. Map
- Yakuza – 5411 NE 30th Ave., Portland 97211 (503) 450-0893. Map
My vote? This will sound like a cop-out, but I like them all – it just depends on my mood. VQ is a great date place, and an unexpected surprise to many people. Meriwethers is great for breakfast, Departure draws a hip, 20 something crowd, and oh, the view! Firehouse has a terrific large patio, and Yakuza is an undiscovered gem – quiet and romantic.