Where do we go when we are looking for ingredients to make a special meal? The outcome of this list is exactly the same as last year.
1. City Market/Pastaworks – 48% of the vote!
- 3735 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Portland 97214. Map (503) 232-1010
- 735 Northwest 21st Ave., Portland OR. 97209 Map (503) 221-3002
City Market/Pastaworks is one space, with separate “stores” inside – Pastaworks, Chop Meat Market, Newman’s Fish Market, and City Market which has a large cheese case, fruits/vegetables, etc. Pastaworks alone also received a large amount of votes, and people didn’t always specify, so I’ve added their stores too.
2. New Seasons Market – 16%.
- 13 stores. See website for your nearest location.
3. Foster & Dobbs Authentic Foods – 15%
- 2518 NE 15th Ave, Portland, OR 97212 Map (503) 284-1157. Lots of cheese, chocolates, sandwiches, gourmet goods.
4. Zupan’s Markets – 12%
New Seasons is also on N Williams now.
“City Market/Pastaworks is one space, with separate “stores” inside – Pastaworks, Newman’s Fish Market, and City Market…”
…and Chop!! Don’t forget the butcher!! ;o)