I was having dinner with friends a few nights ago when we started talking about things we remembered from restaurants when we were growing up. I thought it might be a fun topic of conversation.
You’re old if…
- You remember when you had to wear a jacket (and sometimes a tie) to many upscale restaurants. Most of them kept a few really “loud” sport-coats and ties in the coat-check, so everyone knew you hadn’t brought one. I remember being forced to wear a yellow checkered plaid coat one time at Scandia in Los Angeles.
- You remember when frog legs were on many menus, French restaurant or not.
- You remember when London Broil was a pretty fancy dish.
- You remember Sanka Coffee
- You remember when only the “man” of the table received a menu with prices printed on it.
- You remember when people actually dressed up to go out, something that has sadly been forgotten.
- You remember the wine bottles with the straw wrapped around the outside. Extra points if you remember the candles that melted in multi-colors and ran down the sides.
What do you remember?