[Note: links were mostly broken at this point, so I have removed them. ]
THE THREE BEST NEW RESTAURANTS OF 2009 AS VOTED BY READERS ARE:
- Laurelhurst Market – double the votes of anyone else. 3155 E Burnside St., Portland.
- Beaker & Flask – it looks like the long wait for Kevin to open this restaurant was well worth the time. Our review. 727 SE Washington St., Portland
- Metrovino – part wine bar, part upscale restaurant, it has given new life to the old D.F. space in the Pearl District. 1139 NW 11th Ave, Portland
My Choice: Beaker & Flask. I don’t get why Laurelhurst is so popular, but I am definitely in the minority.
THE TOP FIVE RESTAURANTS IN PORTLAND AS PER YOUR VOTES:
- Toro Bravo – with double the votes of anyone else, this restaurant is obviously loved by many. My review. 120 NE Russell St., Portland
- Paley’s Place – a Portland classic, this restaurant still is on just about every “Top Ten” list for Portland. My review. 1204 NW 21st Ave., Portland
- Pok Pok – our love will never fade. Star of Thai street food, Pok Pok has been given positive reviews by almost every major food publication in the US. My review. 3226 SE Division St., Portland
- Nostrana – in spite of service issues of the years, this approachable Italian restaurant remains a top destination. My review. 1401 SE Morrison St., Portland
- Andina – one of my first choices for dinner with friends because of the food, wine and the lively, classy atmosphere. My review. 1314 NW Glisan St., Portland
My vote: You’ll have to wait for my Restaurant of the Year