When readers voted a year ago for the Best Coffee Roaster in Portland, there was a bit of an upset, with Ristretto Roasters barely edging out Stumptown coffee. This year things have flipped a bit. Let’s review the top three 2012 results first:
- Ristretto Coffee Roasters – 27.9%
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters – 27.2%
- Coava Coffee Roasters – 9%
- They were followed distantly by Sterling, Water Avenue and Courier Coffee Roasters
This year we received many more votes – 1288 vs. 736 last year ( the power of social media at work). This has caused a bit of a switch in the outcome. It is interesting to note that For 2013 a total of 38 businesses received votes (I didn’t vet that they were all roasters), which shows how common it is for a coffeehouse to also roast.
For 2013, out of 1308 votes,
1. Stumptown Coffee Roasters with 13.82% of the vote. Our review
- 4525 SE Division St., Portland 97206 Map
- 3356 SE Belmont St, Portland 97214 Map
- 128 SW 3rd Ave, Portland 97205 Map
- 3352 SE Belmont St., Portland 97214 Map
- 1026 SW Stark, Portland 97205 Map
2. Ristretto Roasters – 9.16% Our review
3. Coava Coffee Roasters – 7.3% Our review
- 1300 SE Grand Ave, Portland 97214. Map
The next two roasters all placed very closely in the vote tally with about 6.9%:
The rest of the field was way behind.
Tim Roth says
We did it!
Jared Mullins says
I’ll remember this info next time I’m in Portland. Maybe I can go learn a few things from them since Portland seems like a great coffee place with some pros.