Tales of the Cocktail is a five-day drinks convention where thousands of chefs, bartenders, spirits writers, and drink geeks go to New Orleans to gorge on seminars and tastings. It is the most important cocktail education, celebration and awards convention in the industry. This year, Portland has two nominees up for awards.
Beaker and Flask is nominated in the “Spirited Awards” for the “Best Restaurant Bar” category which is truly an honor when you look at the list of contenders –
- Bar Agricole – San Francisco
- The Beagle – New York
- Heaven’s Dog – San Francisco
- Lani Kai – New York
- No. 9 Park – Boston
- Rivera – Los Angeles
- Sable – Chicago, Illinois
- Saxon + Parole – New York
- Slanted Door – San Francisco.
This is a who’s who of great bars. Congratulations to Kevin Ludwig and crew.
Next, Clyde Common, nominated for “World’s Best Hotel Bar”. Wow! The other nominees are:
- Artesian at the Langham – London
- Clive’s Classic Lounge – Victoria, BC
- The Connaught – London, UK
- Lantern’s Keep at The Iroquois Hotel, NYC
- Roomer’s Bar – Frankfurt, Germany
- Sable Kitchen and Bar at Hotel Palomar – Chicago
- The Spare Room at The Roosevelt – Los Angeles
- Vesper Bar at The Cosmopolitan – Las Vegas
- The Zetter Townhouse – London, UK
Congratulations to Jeffrey Morgenthaler and staff!
You can read our previous coverage of Tales here.