Chicago Tribune writer Kevin Pang has posted a photo of an instruction sheet he found in a restaurant kitchen describing how to identify food critics, media & bloggers, as well as a protocol for serving them, and a list of major critics. A few of their tips for spotting a critic:
- Guests who ask an unusual amount of questions.
- Guests who give their “full undivided attention” to the server.
- Michelin Inspectors are required to finish all of the food on their plate!
The protocol for when you spot a critic:
- Remain calm
- Don’t gossip
- “Under no circumstances should we reveal that we know their real identity”
- “There will be 1 server, 1 busser, 1 food runner, and 1 manager designated to the table. No one else is to touch that table…”
In this same kitchen are mugshots of local food journalists and bloggers, as if it was a wall of wanted fugitives at the post office. You can read the entire story, and check out the photos here.