Reflecting the popularity of Thai food in Portland, this category in our reader survey received more votes than any other. Though it is still ahead by a large margin, it is interesting to note that Pok Pok fell from 43% last year, with Chiang Mai picking up nearly the same percentage. Still, Pok Pok consistently rates as one of Portland’s best restaurants in our overall poll, placing #2 overall in 2012. Red Onion Thai has moved up by 3.5%.
- 2012: Pok Pok, Chiang Mai, Cha Ba Thai, Red Onion Thai, Mee Sen.
- 2011: Pok Pok, Red Onion, Chiang Mai
Out of 1,175 votes in this category:
- Pok Pok – 38% of the vote. 3226 Southeast Division Street Portland 97202 Map (503) 232-1387 My review
- Chiang Mai – 11% 3145 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland 97214 Map
- Red Onion Thai – 6% 1123 Northwest 23rd Avenue Portland 97210 Map (503) 208-2634
Cha’Ba Thai and Paadee are tied for a distant 4th place.
No other restaurants reached statistically significant votes.