Is there a “Best Bread in Portland”?
There are some excellent bakeries that specialize in cakes, pies, pastries and the like, but in many cases their bread is not that great, and vice versa. In the 2015 survey I broke bakeries into two categories – “Best general Bakery”, and Best Bread. The results surprised us and proved the point. This year the difference wasn’t so extreme, and truth be told, in a pinch we wouldn’t be embarrassed to put any of these on our table. For more information on the winners, check our Bakery Roundup here. Less than one point separated Little T and Ken’s Artisan Bakeries, and between them they received 36% of the vote! 907 readers voted for their favorite bread.
- 2600 Southeast Division St., Portland, OR 97202 Map (503) 238-3458
- Ken’s Artisan Bakery: 338 NW 21st Ave, Portland, OR 97209 Map (503) 248-2202 My review
- Trifecta Tavern & Bakery: 726 SE 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97214 Map (503) 841-6675
- Many locations. See all of them here.
- 810 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97204 Map (503) 224-8583
- 8926 SE Sunnyside Rd, Clackamas, OR 97015 Map (503) 659-5392
- 2105 NW 185th Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97124 Map (503) 466-1112
5. Pearl Bakery
- 102 NW 9th Ave., Portland, OR 97209 Map (503) 827-0910
6. Tabor Bread
- 5051 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97215 Map (971) 279-5530
Our choices: we had some amazing bread at Roman Candle a few months ago, and we love Little T, Ken’s Artisan and Tabor Bread.