What is the best coffee roaster in Portland?
This is all about the beans. I asked for Best Coffee Roaster in Portland in a separate question from best coffeehouse, because I wanted to concentrate strictly on the coffee, so this is a new question this year. It seems like everyone has decided that roasting coffee is easy, so we’ve been flooded with new offerings. Unfortunately, my experience is that many of them have a lot to learn. The bulk of the Portland roasters only received a few votes, but these six rose far above the others with 62.7%.
1. Coava Coffee – 15.4%
- 1300 SE Grand Ave., Portland 97214 Map
- 2631 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Portland 97214 Map
- The Public Brew Bar & Roastery (no espresso drinks) 1015 SE Main St., Portland 97214 Map
Read our detailed profile of Coava Coffee here.
2. Ristretto Roasters – 11.4%
- Five Portland locations – see this map for details
Read our detailed profile of Ristretto Roasters here.
3. Heart Roasters – 10.5%
- Eastside: 2211 E. Burnside St, Portland OR. 97214 Map
- Westside: 537 SW 12th Ave, Portland OR. 97205 Map
Our detailed profile of Heart Coffee Roasters is here.
3. Water Avenue Coffee – 9%
- 1028 SE Water Ave., Portland 97205 Map
Read our detailed profile of Water Avenue Coffee here.
4. Stumptown Coffee Roasters – 8.4%
- Five Portland locations, see this map for more information
Read our detailed profile of Stumptown Coffee here.
6. Nossa Familia – 8%
No other roasters got enough votes to stand above the rest.
You can see the other 2017 survey winners here. The list will grow as I write the posts.
Blind Coffee Roasters
PDX Food Dude says
I’m sorry… they didn’t make any of the coffee lists.