Nominees from the Pacific Northwest area were announced this morning at The Oregon Culinary Institute in Portland:
Rising Star Chef of the Year: Gabriel Rucker – Le Pigeon, Little Bird (among other nominees).
Best Chef: Northwest:
- Matt Dillon – Sitka & Spruce, Seattle
- Christopher Israel – Gruner, Portland
- Andy Ricker – Pok Pok, Ping, Portland
- Ethan Stowell – Staple & Fancy Mercantile, Seattle
- Cathy Whims – Nostrana, Portland
Baking and Dessert:
Kim Boyce – Good to the Grain: Baking with Whole-Grain Flours. Here is an interview with did with Kim when she first started baking for Ristretto Roasters.