A new category this year – roaster. You’ll find Best Coffeehouse here.
I was floored by these results. The relatively new Ristretto Roasters came out of nowhere to take first place, edging out Stumptown Coffee.
Out of 736 votes cast:
1. Ristretto Roasters – 27.9% of the vote . Our review
2. Stumptown – 27.2%. Our review
- 4525 SE Division St., Portland 97206 Map
- 3356 SE Belmont St, Portland 97214 Map
- 128 SW 3rd Ave, Portland 97205 Map
- 3352 SE Belmont St., Portland 97214 Map
- 1026 SW Stark, Portland 97205 Map
3. Coava – 9%. 1300 SE Grand Ave, Portland 97214. Map Our review
The remaining top choices by number of votes received (all distant) were:
- Sterling Coffee Roasters – 2120 NW Glisan, Portland. 97209 Our review
- Water Avenue Coffee – 1028 SE Water Avenue, Portland 97214 Our review
- Courier Coffee Roasters – 923 SW Oak, Portland 97209 Our review
View 2012 Reader Survey : Best Coffee Roasters in Portland Oregon in a larger map
I voted for Courier, but Ristretto is really excellent as well.
Stumptown is perhaps most notable for maintaining high quality at a much larger scale than all of the other roasters listed.
ricki grady says
Ever so perceptive, we citizens of Portland OR.
I voted for Coava…..new kid on the block with new digs. Both my two favorites.
I voted for Coava…..new kid on the block with new digs. Both, my two favorites.
Morgan Johnson says
Drink it every day – get it at New Seasons
Yeah Din! Yeah @NancyRomm! A much deserved nod to @RistrettoRoast. My favorite is their tiny spot in Beaumont..
Hanna Neuschwander says
FYI, Ristretto is actually one of the older of the new-crop roasters in town. They’ve been in the game since 2005, longer than any of the other roasters except for Stumptown who placed highly in the survey. In my view, Ristretto’s entry as a small roaster into the coffee scene in the mid-2000s actually helped pave the way for the rest of the crew nominated here. Kudos to all of them.